Event Submission Criteria
The purpose of the calendar of events is to share public events that would be of interest to out-of-town visitors to Cumberland County. Before submitting your event(s), please review these criteria:
1. The event is occurring at a venue within Cumberland County, NC.
2. The event is open to the public.
3. The event would be of interest to an out-of-town visitor.
4. The event is occurring at least 1 week from the date of your submission.
If your event does not meet all four of the above-listed criteria, we will be unable to post it on our calendar.
- Only use high-resolution images. Low-quality images or low-resolution images that are provided at a size not large enough for the website should not be used.
- Use aspect ratio 3:2. Images provided at the incorrect aspect ratio, e.g., a vertical image is provided for horizontal display. The aspect ratio can be fixed by the FACVB some of the time.
- Do not use images containing text.
- Do not use any type of logo, a logo does not represent the event nor is it compelling to the viewer.
- Do not use screenshots or images of posters or flyers or document attachments. Images of posters (and text) are not legible on smaller sizes like smartphones and images containing text do also do not comply with federal website accessibility requirements and we do not have fields for alternate texts to make them comply.
- Do not use images that are clearly copyrighted or subject to copyright and written or verbal permission have not been provided for online use.
By submitting any images, the submitting company representative represents and agrees that:
- It has obtained the necessary permissions
- Any such material is not likely to defame and does not invade the privacy of any person
- It will defend, indemnify and hold harmless the FACVB, its affiliates, and their respective directors, employees, and agents (including, without limitation, its publishing partner or any agent acting on its behalf) from and against any and all claims, damages, obligations, losses, liabilities, costs or debt, and expenses (including reasonable attorneys’ fees) resulting from the submitting company’s breach of the obligations set forth in this paragraph.
- By submitting the media file(s) you grant the Fayetteville Area CVB full rights to reproduce and publish the media file(s), and otherwise use any or all of them in marketing materials, such as on our website or on social media.